Essential oil diffusers are common household appliances that are used to revitalize households and add aroma in them. Since they are used on a regular basis, it is very important to know how to take care of your essential oil diffuses to avoid unnecessary breakdown and promote efficiency.
This article provides you with tips and tricks on how to take care of your diffuser. I have always used them to service diffusers in many hotels and the feedback on my job has always been positive and very encouraging.
How to clean your ultrasonic diffuser
All diffusers including your essential oil diffuser come with a manual that have instructions on how to clean. Do you remember where your manual is? I guess not. Don’t worry; you will not need it anyway. Follow this easy steps and your essential oil diffuser will be sparkling clean.
- Warm tap water
- Dry piece of cloth
- Unplug the diffuser and ensure that it’s off
- Add water and vinegar in ratio 1:2 and leave for 20 to thirty minutes
- Scrub the diffuser gently with a soft piece of cloth
- Rinse with more water and vinegar solution
- Wipe with the dry piece of cloth
- Add fresh oil and plug back the diffuser ready for use
Note: some diffuser manuals restrict the use of water while cleaning. Water may not harm you diffuser but if used regularly it would. If you are not sure whether it is safe to clean you essential oil diffuser with water, simply use vinegar.
How to change oil in your diffuser
Diffusers are designed to work with many different types of oils. it is therefore recommended that you maximize on your diffuser by trying out as many oils as you can.
Essential oils may also be blended before diffusing this is a creative way to enjoy unique aromas. While diffusing blended oils or a new type of oil you need to clean your diffuser. It is not necessary to thoroughly clean your diffuser every time you want to use a different essential oil. Use these simple steps to change your essential oils:
- Add some vinegar and leave it to soak for ten minutes.
- Scrub gently with a soft cloth
- Rinse with more vinegar
- Wipe the diffuser with a dry cloth
- Add 8-10 drops of your next Essential oil or oil blend
How to use your diffuser correctly:
- Remember to adjust the settings on your diffuser to diffuse on short regular intervals.
- Clean your diffuser regularly by simply wiping it with a piece of dry soft cloth
- Remember to top up the level of your diffuser oil regularly to avoid running out unexpectedly
- Place your diffuser in a central location to facilitate the spreading of the aroma
- Keep diffusers away from kids. if dismantled, they could electrocute the kids especially if they are plugged in to power
- Avoid dropping your diffuser. Many diffusers are fragile and will crash on impact
- Don’t wipe spilled essential oils with bare hands some have a very highly concentration and would affect your skin use a piece of cloth instead.
- Avoid using sweet smelling flower extract natural oils especially when you have asthmatic or pregnant visitors. This may trigger vomiting or asthma attacks if your visitors do not like the smells. Instead use more friendly aromas such as lemon, ginger or Eucalyptus natural oils.
The Best Essential oil diffuser that are easy to clean
This list is based intensive research conducted on Essential oil diffuser reviews written by more than 100 diffuser users. From our research the best quality ultra-sonic diffuser is the Classic Ultrasonic diffuser.
This is easy to open clean and set, ready for use. It is also affordable and very efficient in diffusing oils of all types